Up to £25,000
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful international business as a HR Advisor. The company is expanding rapidly as a result of its success to date and if you would like the opportunity to bring your HR expertise to a place where you can make your mark and develop your career then this could be the right opportunity for you.
The key purpose of this role is to deliver a professional, proactive and flexible HR service by providing appropriate HR generalist advice and support to all colleagues and Manager's, whilst driving best practice and ensuring compliance with all Company policies and procedures in line with employment legislation.
Key Responsibilities as a HR Advisor:
• To provide first line employee relations advice across the Distribution Centre to Line Managers and Colleagues. This includes disciplinary, grievance, absence management and family friendly policies, amongst others.
• Act as a team player with the wider HR team by sharing knowledge and expertise.
• Support and coach Line Managers to effectively manage and resolve employee relations matters through to appropriate conclusions.
• Provide support to Line Managers and the wider team during meetings.
• Have an excellent working knowledge of up-to-date employment legislation, best practice and case law.
• Able to work autonomously and prioritise accordingly (with guidance and support from the HR management team where required).
• Able to manage queries empathetically, and in turn communicate outcomes clearly and articulately with the aim of minimising appeals.
• Be able to use Occupational Health appropriately within HR casework and write referrals to OH Advisors.
• Communicate with and support the HR management team to ensure employee relations policies and procedures are fairly and proportionately applied, whilst identifying opportunities for improvement to current practices.
• Understand the Groups' responsibilities to statutory regulations such as maternity/paternity policies.
• Maintain clear audit trails for all HR records in accordance with GDPR regulations.
• Support in ensuring that critical weekly/lunar/monthly and annual cycle HR processes are executed within the relevant timescales.
• Assist with project work when required.
• Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and HR policies and procedures.
• Previous HR Advisor/Assistant related experience is essential, gained in a fast paced, high volume caseload HR function.
• Good communication skills, with the ability to guide and influence.
• Proficient use of MS Office 365 and HR Systems.