Talent Business Partner
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading and thriving international business as a Talent Business Partner. The company is expanding rapidly as a result of its success to date and if you would like the opportunity to bring your expertise to a place where you can make your mark and develop your career then this could be the right opportunity for you.
The key purpose of this role is to work as a key part of the People team, with a specific focus on Distribution Centres, providing strategic leadership across Talent Management, Acquisition planning and Development. You will ensure that the Distribution Centres have a distinct competitive advantage in attracting, developing and retaining talent.
Talent Business Partner Role Responsibilities:
• Use the group talent identification and mapping processes to assess and track Distribution Centre talent.
• Partnering with the Head of HR-DC and group L&D function to develop bespoke talent development programmes and interventions at each level.
• Develop and present talent and succession planning materials for regular talent reviews with the Distribution Centre leadership team.
• Develop and deliver career pathways, linked to all levels and integrate with internal L&D initiatives in addition to externally recognised qualification bodies.
• Partner the Head of HR-DC to manage the headcount plan, budget and talent acquisition plan for the Distribution Centre, partnering with the acquisition team to fulfil role requirements.
• Develop and use appropriate metrics to provide analysis and insight across Distribution Centre talent, identifying areas of strength/development and proposing organisational design strategies to address.
• Develop a retention strategy on an annual basis to ensure our Distribution Centres retains its talent taking account of the external logistics and supply chain market and commercial plan.
• Partnering with the Early Careers and Apprenticeships Manager in the implementation of graduate schemes and apprenticeship pathways within the Distribution Centre.
• Work with the Associate Director of Talent, Group Supply Chain and Logistics Director and Head of HR-DC to design and deliver Distribution Centre Senior Leadership Team development interventions.
• Proven experience of working in a talent strategy and management area with a logistics/distribution/engineering environment.
• Ideally you will be CIPD level 5 or level 7 qualified; ideally within a Talent/OD pathway.
• Commercially aware, strategic thinker.
• A track record of delivery through influencing and building strong relationships
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to demonstrate the commercial value of talent management interventions and programmes
• An excellent external network & knowledge of good external practises in other leading organisations which is kept up to date
• Knowledge of talent management theory and practice
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Company car or car allowance
- 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Pension contribution
- 30% company discount
- Life assurance
- Fantastic career development and progression opportunities
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free on-site car parking