HR Advisor - Retail & Head Office
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly successful international business as a HR Advisor. The company is expanding rapidly as a result of its success to date and if you would like the opportunity to bring your HR expertise to a place where you can make your mark and develop your career then this could be the right opportunity for you.
The key purpose of this role is to deliver a professional, proactive and flexible HR service by providing appropriate HR generalist advice and support to all colleagues and Manager's, whilst driving best practice and ensuring compliance with all Company policies and procedures in line with employment legislation.
Key Responsibilities as a HR Advisor:
- To provide first line employee relations advice to Line Managers within Retail and the wider business. The remit includes disciplinary, grievance, absence management and flexible working, amongst others.
- Act as a team player with the wider HR team by sharing knowledge and expertise.
- To assist where necessary in providing general adhoc administration support e.g. updating of HR employee records, HR Spreadsheets, answering telephone calls, typing letters, responding to external reference requests, whilst communicating effectively and professionally with both internal and external customers, ensuring confidentiality of all written and verbal communication.
- Support and guide Line Managers in meetings and processes relating to HR, through to the appropriate outcome.
- Support the processing of, and advising on, flexible working applications.
- Must be comfortable dealing with high volume caseloads and routine administrative duties.
- Have a good working knowledge of relevant employment legislation and case law linked to absence management.
- Able to manage queries empathetically, and in turn communicate outcomes clearly and articulately with the aim of minimising appeals.
- Support with arranging and conducting HR meetings with Managers where necessary, within policy and be able to compose suitable correspondence using standardised business formats.
- Be able to use Occupational Health appropriately within HR casework and write referrals to OH Advisors.
- Communicate with and support HR Managers/HR Business Partners on ensuring HR policy and procedures are fairly and proportionately applied. Also, identifying opportunities for improvement to current practices.
- Understand the organisations' responsibilities to statutory regulations such as maternity/paternity policy to relevant colleagues and assisting with any queries from Line Managers and/or colleagues.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of employment law and HR best practice to ensure advice and guidance is both accurate and up to date.
- Ensure all appropriate policies, procedures and legal requirements are adhered to (regarding UK and oversees employees) with clear audit trails and maintain all personnel records in accordance with Data Protection Act/GDPR.
- Assist with project work as required.
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and HR policies and procedures.
- Previous HR Advisor/Assistant related experience is essential, gained in a fast paced, high volume caseload HR function.
- Good communication skills, with the ability to guide and influence.
- Proficient use of MS Office 365 and HR Systems.
- Salary: £25,000
- 33 days holiday Inc. bank holidays
- Private healthcare
- Pension contribution
- Childcare vouchers
- 30% company discount
- Life assurance 2x salary
- Opportunities to develop and progress within the business
- Discounted gym membership
- Free on-site car parking